Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Enchantment


At dawn this morning, hubby woke me up out of a dead sleep and exclaimed, "Get up!  You really need to get some pictures of the scenery outside!  It's beautiful the way the sun is hitting the trees!"  I'm all bleary-eyed and am thinking, "Really?  Really!  My only day this week that I get to sleep in till noon because our son is off school and I am not on a schedule and YOU want me to take pictures of trees?!".  So I go, "Okay".  I get up, put on my robe and my hubby's boots that are four sizes too big on me, grab my camera, walk on the deck and snap away.  Brrrrrr.  The cold air hit me like a ton of bricks, but I still cannot get awake without a cup of coffee.;-)  I will say that I was enchanted by the scenery like hubby was, but pictures just cannot do it justice.  I know that I should have set up the aperture and shutter speed and all that good stuff, but I was only conscience enough to use all auto settings.  So I hope you enjoy the scenery as much as we did.



And I am still enchanted by this guy.  Even if he did wake me up out of a dead sleep and has a serious case of bedhead.;-)

No, he doesn't wear a lamp on his head.  Although I'm sure he probably has back in the day.  He was acting very quickly and hid behind the lampshade just as I snapped the camera. Darn!

Thank you for all the kind words regarding our health, especially hubby's.  He seemed to be doing so well this morning and afternoon.  But by this evening, I was wondering if I was going to have to take him to the Urgent Care Clinic.  His fever spiked again and he felt like complete crud.  He took an extra antibiotic and drank a ton of cold beverages over the course of the evening and napped.  His fever was down and he seemed to be feeling better before going to bed.  I think we will be back to the dr. tomorrow. Ugh!  I pray my mom doesn't get this bug.  I brought her over today to see our new kitchen.  Hubby stayed in the other room and she was only over here for a short time.  Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Hope everyone else stays well.  Have a good night!




4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I sure am ready for spring though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,What pretty pictures, to wake up and that is outside your window WOW.I can't wait until spring to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photography.
    My hubby hides from my camera as well.
    I heard that if you cut an onion and leave it out beside you, it will absorb the baddies. Not sure, I just received an email about it. Doesn't hurt anything, and you just lose an onion.

    ReplyDelete