Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Outside The Box

Jeez, Louise! You mean it's been over three weeks since my last "Outside The Box" entry? Well, I'm afraid that I've had a wicked case of Spring Fever. It seems that every year when the time change rolls around, it takes me a few weeks to get adjusted to the new time, plus the seasonal allergies start to kick in. So I lay around like a slug with a box of kleenex at the ready. And with the awesome warm weather we've been having, all of the trees and flower are budding. Can't complain about that one little bit! :-)

So I've put some of my scrapbooking aside for a couple of weeks. Not that I haven't thought about it. I've actually been taking a peek through a couple of my sketch books for inspiration. For this latest layout, I had a layout in mind that I was going to scrap lift from PageMaps, but decided to make it my own. Besides, there is an original work of art included in this layout, so I tried to be original too. ;-)

Actually, there is not too much to this layout. Pretty simple.  But first let's have a look at my little Picasso's  work of art.


You got a sneak peek at it in my Sunday Inspiration post a few weeks ago. This piece is much too large to fit in a regular layout and I was not willing to cut it apart. So I took a picture and printed 2x3 and 2x2 prints on my photo printer.


I then cut these out and made a Springtime layout.  Love those butterflies!


Here is a closer look.


Here is hoping that your days be filled with sunshine, flowers and beautiful butterflies! :-)

Thanks for looking in!

6 comments:

  1. oh nothing better than sunshine, flowers and butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I've got some kids' artwork that I need to use--this is such a fun way to do it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did here! Such a cool idea Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat way to use artwork on a layout.
    Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute butterflies! Artwork is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete