Thursday, February 23, 2012

Outside The Box


Whew! It's been almost two weeks since I posted? Where has the time gone?! Well I'm back with another "Outside The Box" post. As I'm going through memorabilia that I've hoarded set aside, I thought I would share the ways that I am putting them in my scrapbooks so others may enjoy them instead of sitting in a box in the back of a closet/storage area.

Here is a piece of artwork that my son made in third grade. Isn't it sweet? Of course every bit of art that my son made I feel that way about and that is why I've been having such a hard time weeding through it. And I'm pretty sure that is one of the big reasons why I have been procrastinating sorting through the massive amounts of artwork/schoolwork that my son brought home during elementary school. I'm thinking that other weeny moms like me can relate. ;-)

This particular piece of artwork was another one that was too large to fit on a typical scrapbook page. So I took advice that was given in a video on Two Peas In A Bucket. I took a picture of it, had it printed in a 5x7 print and placed that on the layout. Easy peasy!

I have other ideas for more memorabilia that I've gone through. So stay tuned! :-)

I wish everyone plenty of Tender Loving Care from those they love!

Thanks for looking in!

5 comments:

  1. Yes that is a great idea! I haven't seen that video- off to check it out. Now you have a "back up" in case the original gets damaged. I really like what you did- that looks like a cover for a great family book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nicely done..... thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "set aside" lots of memorabilia too. I need to use some of it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love to do this all the time!! awesome

    ReplyDelete