Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bowling, Buffets and Birthdays

Whew, the last week has been a whirlwind of activity and preparation for tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast.
Appointments, tournaments, getting together with family and friends and a Certain Someone's birthday has kept us busy.  But a good busy.

Saturday and Sunday was the city tournament for Ryan's bowling league.  He has been bowling with his buddies on a league for about four years now. It's been a tradition in our family for decades. (My in-laws, hubby and myself bowled in leagues off and on for several years). Anyway, his team came in first place in their division! Yay! Ryan did really well and I was amazed at the talent that I saw at that bowling alley. I can see some of those kids on the "Pro Bowlers Tour" someday. :-)

On Sunday, after finishing the tournament, we headed to my sister-in-laws for a family/friends get-together before Thanksgiving.  So much yummy food was served buffet-style. We spent the afternoon/evening laughing until our faces hurt and stuffing our faces until we couldn't eat another bite.


And we celebrated hubby's birthday! Doesn't he look hot good? I think so. :-)  Here is a card I made him from Ryan:

The inside sentiment reads,"Aren't you glad I have my driver's permit?" It's an inside joke and both Ryan and hubby got a kick out of it.

Well, I better go before I burn the pie that is in the oven as I'm typing this. :-P I wish everyone a Blessed and Safe Thanksgiving!

Thanks for looking in!:-)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Mr Hubby!

    This card looks awesome, it really looks like the car is getting out from this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! Thank you for swinging by my blog!!! I really like this card!!! The smiley face ornament is CLASIC- I LOVE those!!

    ReplyDelete