Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting for Ryan


Yesterday afternoon, around the time I knew Ryan would get off the bus, I noticed our dog was patiently waiting by the front door.  What makes this unique is because our dog is usually more engrossed in what is happening with the squirrels in the backyard than what is going on in the front of the house.  Unless someone is walking their dog.  Or the UPS/Fed Ex man appears.


He let out a sigh and decided to get more comfortable.


His ears perked up when he saw his best buddy walking up the sidewalk.


You can't tell, but his tail is going 100 mph.  He even looks like he's trying to open the door. lol!


Yay!  Ryan's home!  Time for jumping up and down in excitement.  That would be me. ;-)  (Good thing there is not a picture of that. lol!)

Ryan had a good first day of school.  He seems to like his teachers and classes.  I'm always anxious the first day, wondering what his day is like.  So far, he is always (kinda) glad to be back at school.  I hope he will continue to be this way.

Wish everyone would have a "welcome home" like this one!

Thanks for looking in!

10 comments:

  1. These photos are awesome. You just gotta love the unconditional love of dogs. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. My dogs do the same thing. I swear sometimes I think they can tell time. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my golly i love this! dogs are so wonderful. i sure do miss my bailey. we put her down in may. we are looking to getting a new dog come june! i can't wait--there is nothing like the love of a dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, Danielle! lol! So sorry about your loss Mary. :-( I can't bear the thought of losing my dog. Have fun with your new puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest thing ever! I just love how dogs are like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam,

    What a sweet post! Especially the part about Mom jumping up and down, while the dog's tail wagged. ;) Fortunate Ryan to receive such a warm, loving welcome home. Glad his first day of school went well.

    Thank you for your visit and sweet comment -- made my day!

    Warmest regards,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so precious! Reminds me of our son and dog, who both loved each other dearly. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is so sweet.
    Would you believe our cat does that as well, lol.
    Good thing you didn't jump up and down, you wouldn't have got the great photos, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww its amazing what a bond we can form with our doggies! He looks like he's definetly waiting for his best friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful moment to capture! those dogs definitely steal our hearts don't they?! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment this weekend!

    ReplyDelete