Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Such a Girl

As I walked through the pearly gates, there lay before me streets of gold, angels were singing a heavenly tune, and the light had a heavenly glow.  Actually, it was plate glass doors, terrazzo tile, Muzac and bright fluorescent lighting.

I could be talking about any store in any mall.  But this store is non other than Sephora.  People who know me, know that I am not the type who cannot leave the house without applying lipstick.  But when I do wear makeup, I like to use products that are good for my skin type and color.  Sorry to say, but some makeup that you find in the aisle of the typical corner drug store just does not cut it for me.  Some of it breaks my skin out, or it wears off easily.  At Sephora, there is such a variety of makeup products and gadgets that you can be overwhelmed upon your first visit.  But there are some very nice girls there that are more than eager to help.  And the bonus is, you can also have a makeover while you are there.

Some of my favorite brands that you can find there are:  OPI, Urban Decay, and M.A.C.  There are so many other brands that I would like to try.  In fact, a trip is planned in the near future as I am out of blush.  Darn!;-)

Anyway, if you haven't stepped foot in a Sephora store yet, be prepared to spend some time and money there.  What I do is allow myself one item that I have been having my eye on or need in my makeup bag to buy.  That way, my wallet is not screaming in protest.  Plus it prevents Honey from having a stroke.:-P

Men become much more attractive when they start looking older. But it doesn't do much for women, though we do have an advantage: make-up. 
Bette Davis 

3 comments:

  1. I don't even know where there is a Sephora near me. I hardly wear make-up anymore except occasionally. Clinique products have worked well for me thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a Sephora here. I just use the cheap stuff. Its even cheaper when I use my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, your comment about using your daughters makeup being cheaper cracked me up!:-) Marlene, I love Clinique. They sell that at Sephora, too.

    Thanks for visiting!:-)

    ReplyDelete