Monday, June 25, 2012

Stand off

One day recently, while sitting on my deck, I witnessed yet another show down between my dog and the squirrel that takes pleasure in tormenting him. Here is a typical occurrence in my backyard...


It begins by my dog staring overhead at a branch high in the tree...


I am imagining this squirrel looking down and going, "Nah! Nah! NahNah! Nah!" and blowing raspberries.


The squirrel gets brave and moves down the tree and conceals himself behind some leaves.


My dog changes position and stealthily moves behind the rail.


The squirrel gets brave and makes his way to the ground...


and takes off!


And here is my dog in hot pursuit!

This is pretty much a daily activity and we have yet to tire of watching this game of cat and mouse. Or dog and squirrel. lol!



Thanks for looking in!

3 comments:

  1. This is too funny!

    One time at our old house our dog (who weighs over 120 lbs) ran, and hid under the fireplace, from a rabbit! hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such entertainment.

    The squirrels torment my hubby at camp. He does not like them very much, but they like to greet him in the morning, lol.

    ReplyDelete