Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I will have to say that this past Mother's Day was a very nice one.  We had a beautiful (but cool) day. I pretty much was a lazy slug for most of the day and I got to spend the day with those I love.

I finally took the time to make a card.  Since my craproom craftroom has become a dumping ground for everything since we started ongoing home improvement projects, I have not really been able to do any crafting.  It doubles as an office, and each time I go in there to find a receipt or print something on our printer, it is like walking across a mine field.:-P  Here is the card I made for my mom.
My mom has been hinting to me to make some of my Chicken and Dumplings for some time.  And since it was a cool day outside, and I love my mom with all my heart, I decided as part of my Mother's Day gift, I would make her dinner.  My dad made the mashed potatoes.  Those are the bomb!:-)

Later in the afternoon, we gathered at my mom's and loaded up on Chicken and Dumplings and my brother brought the yummiest Red Velvet Cake.  By the time we finished we were in a carb and sugar coma.  Then we opened gifts and visited.  It was a very nice day.  Here are some pics:
Here I am with my son being silly doing a "gangsta" pose.  I know I'm not doing it right.  My son said I was his "home skillet".  But sadly, I still lack "swagga".:-P
This is my favorite pic.
Here he is with my mom.  As far as my mom is concerned, Ryan is the center of her universe.  He is the center of mine, too.:-)
Here I am sitting on my Honey's lap.  If you notice he has a strained expression on his face.  It's because if you listen real closely, you can hear the cracking noise of his femur bone breaking.  Too many Chicken and Dumplings.:-P. I really need to get on a health kick real soon and lose weight.

Here is my mom with her kiddos.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice day with your family.
    I always wanted to try a red velvet cake, that icing, I want to inhale it LOL.
    LOL your gangsta pose. My hubby, girls and I did this for a christmas pic, I ruined it as I smiled, I was suppose to have a tough look I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I should have looked tough, too. But I couldn't stop laughing.:-D

    ReplyDelete