Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Every once in a while, I make it a point to make a menu plan for the week. I always have good intentions of following it, but sometimes I fail. Plans change at the last minute or I am just plain too pooped to cook. But with every new year, I always try to get better organized. One way is to have a menu plan so I can make a grocery list or use up what I have in the pantry. So here is what I have planned to have for dinner this week.

Monday: Steak, baked potato, salad
Tuesday: Kielbasa, perogies, green beens
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: pasta, salad, garlic bread
Friday: chili, cornbread
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots

I always try to plan for leftovers at least once a week so I can have a break. Plus, some things just plain taste better the following day. (Like chili.:))

Now on to other topics. We had a very busy weekend. We took down all of the Christmas decorations and had friends over to celebrate the New Year. On Saturday, we headed over to our neighbors for a gathering. We had a great time. Shared alot of laughs and ate way too much. Then yesterday, we had our dear friends Dan and Sharron and their two children over. It was so nice seeing them. Almost one year ago, Sharron suffered an aneurism and two strokes. It's a miracle she is still with us today. But what makes it even more remarkable is that she is almost completely recovered. She still has weakness on her left side and she has difficulty seeing out of her left eye. But she. looks. great. It is still unknown if she will regain all of her sight in her left eye and whether she will progress in other areas. But we are so thankful that she is where she is at today.

This week promises to be a busy one as well. I have something on my calendar every day. But it should keep me out of trouble, right?;)

Now I need to buckle down and check off items on my to-do list. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment